Quality & Safety:
AMS is committed to making quality, health, and safety excellence are a core values of our organization, from management to employees. By supporting and implementing these values in all our service models with diligence, AMS will strive to create an environment in which we can prevent injuries and property loss. To achieve this objective we will:
- Promote a work environment based on employee involvement, teamwork, education, training, and commitment;
- Encourage team members to actively care about the well-being of their fellow employees;
- Promote the philosophy that safety is a value associated with every priority;
- Recognize group and individual achievements;
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect; and
- Verify all regulatory requirements are met in all work execution and operations, specifically, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and the OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety Management System.
AMS actively encourages all employees to participate in the Health and Safety program and provides them with the education and tools required. Our employees work to protect the health and safety of themselves, their fellow employees, and our clients by following all policies and procedures, working safely, and improving health and safety measures where possible.
Our quality assurance (QA) program calls for continuous improvement in our health and safety management activities. To meet this objective we will conduct business according to the following principals. AMS strives to be an organization that is recognized by:
- Its customers as a responsive, flexible, supplier of trained medics that is continuously striving to improve.
- Its suppliers as an honest, ethical customer that rewards performance improvement with increased opportunity;
- The community as a responsible, caring good citizen. An Organization that gives back by donating its time and money to charitable causes;
- Its owner as an operation that funds the investment required to achieve its objectives through
- retained earnings and provides an adequate return; and
- Its employees as a safe, clean, fair, fun organization that rewards commitment, consistent effort, talent, teamwork, and creativity with increased responsibility and freedom.
Our QA program complies with the ISO 9001/2008 Quality Management System, OHSAS 18001/2007 and by the National COR – Certificate of Recognition requirements.